YOUTH ARTISTS AND ADVOCATES: Submit your art and it could be displayed in a gallery in San Francisco!
We all have the power to advocate for and creatively express ourselves. Young Minds Advocacy invites young artists to unite these two passions and share their stories of mental wellness and empowerment.
Creative Advocacy is Young Minds Advocacy’s annual celebration of advocates, youth artists, and the community working to uplift mental health. May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and to celebrate, we’re hosting a kick-off fundraiser at SOMArts in San Francisco (934 Brannan St.) on Saturday, April 28th from 6 to 9pm.
We’re want to display your art! We’re looking for pieces that:
- Express the mental health journey and challenges to wellness faced by youth, their family and/or community;
- Celebrate youth empowerment; and/or
- Focus on a person, place, or idea that has been instrumental to the artist’s growth and healing process.
If your art is chosen, it will be displayed at a gallery in San Francisco!
Submissions are open to all artists, regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, gender, citizenship, religion or ability. We especially welcome pieces from youth artists (those aged 15-24). Feel free to email email@example.com if you have questions!
- 2D and 3D art welcome! All 2D pieces, including photography, must be ready to hang.
- Email us if you have a video submission.
- Creative writing pieces (at most, one page) are accepted, including short stories, poetry and lyrics.
- Files submitted must be named using the following format: Last Name_Piece Title.
- Up to 3 pieces may be submitted per artist.
To submit your art, fill out the form below. You’ll need a photo of your piece (finished or in progress), an artist statement (150 words), and a brief description of your piece (200 words). The deadline for submissions is April 14, 2017.
Have fun with it!
Your stories of mental wellness and empowerment matter to us. We’re excited to see how creative you can get! If you have questions, want to discuss ideas, or learn more about Young Minds, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please help us spread the word by sharing this opportunity with your friends or youth you work with.
Do you work with youth in California? Would you like to partner with Young Minds around collecting art submissions from the youth you work with and others? There are many ways that you can get involved! To learn more please download our Get Involved form. If you have further questions, please email email@example.com.
NOTE: Due to space and other constraints, we can’t guarantee that all submissions will be displayed at the event. However, art that is not displayed at the gallery could be shared via our website or other communications. Before submitting your art, please read the full terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
By submitting your piece, you declare your understanding and agreement of the following terms and conditions, which act as a contract between you and Young Minds Advocacy.
- The submissions of a piece that contains ideas and/or materials that you have no legal right to use, including copyrighted images, sounds, and designs of others, is forbidden for this event.
- Pieces are subject to review by Young Minds’ staff and all pieces submitted may not be displayed at the event.
- Young Minds reserves the right to use submitted pieces and accompanying statements/descriptions on our website, in emails and newsletters, and on Young Minds’ blog.
- If another person obtains an artist’s piece from Young Minds Advocacy (with or without Young Minds’ permission), and uses those designs or words in an unauthorized way, by the licenses granted under this agreement, the artists must seek amends or recovery from the third party and not from Young Minds Advocacy, and will not hold Young Minds Advocacy responsible or liable for such unauthorized use.
- Artist agrees and understand that by submitting their work to Young Minds Advocacy, they are opting to receive future email announcements and notifications from Young Minds. If you would like to be removed from this email list, you may unsubscribe at anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email.
- Young Minds reserves the right to amend this agreement at any time.