I’ve worked with children since I was old enough to do so, either as a babysitter, tutor, mentor, or camp counselor, and have focused my psychology major on child development and mental health. The biggest takeaway from my experience with children and study of their psychological development has been the crucial role of teachers [...]
Never miss a post. Sign up today!
- New research about ADHD; High rates of depression in girls may be linked to social media; Survey on schools’ concerns re: Medicaid cuts
- A Flexible Approach for Improving Mental Health Care In Schools
- Trauma-informed policing addresses childhood trauma; campuses lack MH services; new therapeutic-based model in L.A. detention centers
- Wellness Starts with Our Youth: A Series on Bay Area Youth Leading Change in Mental Health
- VA struggles to talk about guns; physical activity may prevent depression in kids; parents face criticism when choosing residential facilities
ACA advocacy Affordable Care Act California Youth Connection Children's Mental Health College Students community-based services Creative Advocacy cross-cultural healthcare CSEC Depression EPSDT foster care Foster Youth homelessness Juvenile Justice juvenile justice-involved Karen De Sa Katie A. Katie A. v Bonta Kevin Hines Medi-Cal Medicaid Mental Health Mental Health Advocacy Mental Health Awareness Month News Out-Of-County Palo Alto Patrick Gardner psych meds SAMHSA school-based mental health school-based services Stigma Storytelling suicide suicide awareness suicide prevention Susan Page The Chronicle for Social Change trauma Weekly MashUp Youth In Mind Youth Mental Health
- Blogger Intros
- Community Voices
- Deja View
- Featured Posts
- Foster Youth
- In Plain English
- Jeff D.
- Juvenile Justice
- Katie A.
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- Policy Action
- Stigma Reduction
- Suicide Prevention
- The Weekly Mash Up
- Women's Mental Health